based in Southwest Ontario, is a general contractor and an industry leader in bridge rehab and new construction. They also specialize in new bridge construction and rehabilitation, hydraulic lifting, concrete restoration, and dam construction for projects across Ontario.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop trust and strong working relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure project success. Responsibilities:
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead the project team with the development of the construction plan, preparing critical path schedule, submissions, startup meeting documentation
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate daily operations on each project
- Maintain a daily diary to ensure all progress, changes or issues are documented, control subcontractor responsibilities, resolve problems and disputes
- Read and understand all project contract documents, drawings, quantity sheets etc.
- Prepare and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders; negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to agreements with engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Review monthly project performance prepare and provide regular updates and/or reports on progress, project costing, and schedule; communicate progress to relevant stakeholders where required
- Prepare, update and monitor project schedule, project-specific safety requirements, project project-specific quality control requirements
- Organize, lead and/or attend project progress meetings and ensure minutes are promptly and accurately, prepared, reviewed and distributed, if/when required
- Ensure all project documentation is prepared, reviewed, and submitted accurately and on time, including but not limited to change orders, progress payments, subcontractor payment certificates, claims, closeout documents, warranty information, etc.
- Supervise Project Coordinators, Foreman & crews; assign work and monitor progress, set expectations and evaluate performance
- Work within the MTO’s Contract Management Software (CMS) on MTO projects. Past experience with CMS essential to be considered for the position.
- Ensure project compliance with OHSA and regulations for Construction Projects by implementing the Company’s OH&S Management/COR
- Ensure the timely and cost-efficient completion of construction projects
- University Degree in Civil Engineering Degree or College CET Diploma or combination, or relevant education and experience in the field
- 5+ years of Heavy Civil Construction experience
- Must have previous MTO (Ministry of Transportation Ontario) contract experience
- Experience with CMS (WBCMS) essential for the position
- Strong professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Working on construction site(s) or in an office setting usually working in a site trailer