Estimator/Senior Estimator required for a client serving the public's energy, power, civil and hydro needs.
Your Opportunity with our market-leading client could be based out of either Ontario, Alberta or British Columbia:
Reporting to the Manager of Estimating, the Power & Distribution Estimator is responsible for evaluating RFP/Tender specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know or ask for everything required to successfully propose and win the opportunity. Your experience must include handling subcontractors, suppliers, consultants, and vendors to ensure that pricing remains competitive. Additionally, the Power Estimator assists the Project Management teams in project handoff and startup.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers. Follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Provide support to the Estimating Manager, estimating peers, and Supervisor Proposals during the tendering phase of all projects.
- Assemble accurate, timely, and well-organized estimates and new project set-up documents, including bids, construction management, design builds, cost estimates, and control budgets.
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Create and issue requests for quotes or subcontractor proposal requests documents and analyze responses for the highest-ranking submission.
- Attend site walkthroughs and project proposal site meetings, review and confirm geotechnical conditions, draft risk matrix, and complete RFI's required for the proposal response.
- Assist in creating a preliminary budget for all successful tender projects and any change order pricing.
Your Capabilities And Credentials:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience estimating overhead or underground power transmission & distribution projects in Canada.
- A post-secondary degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, ASCT., Business, or a Journeyman Trade Certification in combination with experience in a related field is an asset.
- Experience and skilled in negotiating.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Bluebeam, and Adobe. Estimating proficiency preferred using HCSS Estimating Software.
- Organized written communication skills.
- Experienced in reading plans and specifications for Power Transmission and Distribution projects.