Senior Quantity Surveyor - Utilities
- Main contractor working on Thames Water AMP7 framework
- Long-term newly awarded projects in Thames Valley region
- Opportunities for further progression
SSA are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an expanding Main Contractor within Utilities, to lead a number of projects as part of a newly awarded framework covering the delivery of civils, mechanical, & electrical upgrades for various treatment works and pumping station upgrades. This framework is valued at £60m, and will be administered under NEC Option A and C contracts.
Duties will involve:
- Preparation and presentation of external/internal valuations. Compilation and agreement of variations and final accounts.
- Accurate and timely Cost Value Reports and such other reports as may from time-to-time be required.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager and Senior Contracts Manager in account forecasting and general costings.
- Negotiating the award of subcontracts within acceptable cost and risk parameters and thereafter the measurement and payment of the sub-contractor within the appropriate contractual/statutory timescales.
- Resolution of low-level contract disputes and assistance with more complex matters.
- Provision of accurate and constructive feedback to the estimating team.
- Assisting in the bid management process.
They can offer up to £80k + package for the role, as well as further training/progression opportunities, and the opportunity for hybrid working.
- Quantity Surveying experience within Civils, Utilities, Mechanical or Electrical sectors
- NEC contract experience